Friday, April 22, 2011

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies

I had a friend crash at my place and no slumber party is complete without Mr. Darcy in Pride and Prejudice, wine, and a plate of warm cookies.  Weird?  I think not.  In flipping through my trusty Gourmet Cookbook, I found this prize-winner of a recipe.

Ingredients


1 cup chunky or smooth peanut butter (I used JIF Natural Creamy)
1 cup sugar (I recommend 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup granulated sugar)
1 egg
1 teaspoon baking soda
Optional: Handful of chopped walnuts or chocolate bits if you like

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet with butter and set aside. With a mixer, combine peanut butter and sugars until well combined, about 2 minutes or so. Add the egg and baking soda and mix for another 2 minutes.  Fold in the walnut pieces or chocolate bits if you wish at this point, then roll mixture into a ball, about 1-1 1/2" wide, and repeat for the rest of the dough.  Bake for 10-13 minutes, until lightly browned around the edges.

These cookies are best served warm, and be careful:  they are pretty delicate and would only keep for another day or so in an air-tight container.

No comments: